Dead C3ll Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead C3ll forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

training session

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zeroa
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
zeroa

training session Empty
PostSubject: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:17 pm

i have decided to organize a training session at 4pm, 4 hours before the clan match, i want my soldiers in top shape.

Z
Back to top Go down
https://deadc3ll.forumotion.com
McInnes II
Major
Major
McInnes II

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:05 am

I've been running training sessions in Campbell pretty much every day. Found about 4 good players and have gotten them to join the trials. Maybe two so far's good enough for full instatement.
Back to top Go down
McInnes II
Major
Major
McInnes II

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:04 am

Training Hints for new instructors:
In Grozny Grad, the hangers to big to do it, so I tend to not do in singles but teams. One team holds the hanger while the other has to take it.
In Urban Ultimatum, there are no buildings, per se, but the centre of the map is good. Make it so that the ladders the only way not the roof and it's good.
Don't even do BB, cause it's rubbish and to complex to train new players on.
AA is a map I don't totally understand or know, so I tend to give it a miss.
Back to top Go down
zeroa
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
zeroa

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:15 am

I came up with the G.G hangar tactic, its a great way to easily win a game. three people could hold the hangar against a team of 9 without a problem.

BB is one of my favorite maps, use the metal walk ways, patrol just one and you can see every area on the map and kill whoever move. If you use team work well you can get into the enemy base within the first 2 minutes of the game and kill anybody still hangign around. If some one is up high you also have lots of cover to make sure your not seen, you just have to keep your eyes peeled. I'd say its best suited for Base/res/cap/tsne

U.U is not my favorite map but its not bad, i prefer to keep all my men on ground level, around the back of the building the Gako spawns on, on team hides near the crates on the mancannon side, the other team hides behind the wall/dumpsters on the other side, when people head towards either side they die, if anybody is up high they would probably die to, anybody on the buildings wouldnt be able to hit you because your in a blind spot.
Best suited for Cap/tdm

A.A is my favorite map on the game so far, so much chaos, its perfect for my play style. Lots of close range combat aswell. I like staying central on the map and using the cover to hide until who ever is headed to my base shows up, then i just stand up and cap them. But i havent tested team tactics on this map yet.
best for tdm/cap/res/tsne
Back to top Go down
McInnes II
Major
Major
McInnes II

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:24 am

I ain't fast enough for AA, too many different places to be shot from. Snipers on AA, if given cover, rack up loads of kills.
I get what you mean about UU, using the tuneel's get behind them and kill them. Defence in UU is ned to impossible.
Back to top Go down
zeroa
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
zeroa

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:27 am

i disagree about snipers on A.A, snipers are only effective if given a wide range and wide view. Most places with good sniper cover on A.A will give snipers tunnel vision, a small amount of visibility of the battle field. And they are very easy to get to and neutralise thanks to the vast amounts of cover and long grass on offer.
Back to top Go down
McInnes II
Major
Major
McInnes II

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:30 am

Yeah but with really good cover you can see most of the battlefield. Really difficult to get good cover though as most people tend to run off and fight.
Back to top Go down
YOUNG $NAKE
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:41 am

[quote="zeroa"]
BB is one of my favorite maps

personaly i hate BB its too small and most ppl take it too wildly. btw lvl 11 ^^

Last edited by YOUNG $NAKE on Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zeroa
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
zeroa

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:22 pm

You cant disagree with my opinion. Besides, BB is a great map if you know how to play it, people just bitch about it being so small because they die to often on it.
Back to top Go down
L!quid Snak3
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
L!quid Snak3

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:14 pm

zeroa wrote:
You cant disagree with my opinion. Besides, BB is a great map if you know how to play it, people just bitch about it being so small because they die to often on it.

BB is a bitch in big tsne games, no chance to sneak properly at all. im a big fan of it tho in other modes, mainly coz i can work the map to my advantage, and most other people hate/suck at it Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pibsyboy89
zeroa
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
zeroa

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:20 pm

ha? are you kidding? Ive never lost a game of TSNE on BB, the only map i usually lose TSNE on is U.U because people just camp the roof and watch the ladders, pain in the ass huh? But BB? Thats a walk in the park. Theres enough cover to hide when a dumb ass team mate loses your stealth, theres enough shadows to keep out of the sunlight, theres an underground passage to the enemy base which, if you wait a few minutes, you can use to run up, get the doll, run back, get the point. Me an jonesie and Devastator used to do that all the time, we'd wait, throw traps up the stairs for anybody heading down, then me and jonesie would run to the target, he'd help me up, i'd grab it while he plants traps for the enemy, then i'd run back while jonesie covers me, then devastator helps me up to the goal. Easy peasey lemon squeezy. Now arent you all pissed off now that i just simplified probably the most frustrating gametype and map combination? heh
Back to top Go down
L!quid Snak3
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
L!quid Snak3

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:37 pm

zeroa wrote:
ha? are you kidding? Ive never lost a game of TSNE on BB, the only map i usually lose TSNE on is U.U because people just camp the roof and watch the ladders, pain in the ass huh? But BB? Thats a walk in the park. Theres enough cover to hide when a dumb ass team mate loses your stealth, theres enough shadows to keep out of the sunlight, theres an underground passage to the enemy base which, if you wait a few minutes, you can use to run up, get the doll, run back, get the point. Me an jonesie and Devastator used to do that all the time, we'd wait, throw traps up the stairs for anybody heading down, then me and jonesie would run to the target, he'd help me up, i'd grab it while he plants traps for the enemy, then i'd run back while jonesie covers me, then devastator helps me up to the goal. Easy peasey lemon squeezy. Now arent you all pissed off now that i just simplified probably the most frustrating gametype and map combination? heh

nah not pissed, but thats target rushing. usually gets you a swift kick now (even TKing goes on if kick doesnt go through) surviving the start is the bitch in the bigguns, no stealth + many m4 bullets = swift death. but get through that, and taking down whole teams is easy, but gettin past that bit is the killer Sad

EDIT: YAY IM CAPTAIN NOW XD
Back to top Go down
zeroa
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
zeroa

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Target rushing is when you dont use tactics, you just try to get to the target before the enemy gets a good defence around it, its a hell of alot more fun to do it tactically rather than knocking every body off the enemy team, i dont see why people get so pissy about it, they are bound to kill a few inept stealthers and they probably wont be killed, its just as good for their stats as the stealth teams, the only map i hate rushing on is U.U, the whole, grab/mancannon/win thing is so lame. Its easy to defend against aswell, i got sick of the enemy team doing it every time so i just got a sniper and shot anything with a bobbing duck above its head while people watched for anybody trying to get onto my building. It was pretty fun because after that there was just a pile of bodies around the duck where people kept grabbing it and i just shot, i just kept my crosshairs at head level =) easy winz!!
Back to top Go down
L!quid Snak3
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
L!quid Snak3

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:50 pm

zeroa wrote:
Target rushing is when you dont use tactics, you just try to get to the target before the enemy gets a good defence around it, its a hell of alot more fun to do it tactically rather than knocking every body off the enemy team, i dont see why people get so pissy about it, they are bound to kill a few inept stealthers and they probably wont be killed, its just as good for their stats as the stealth teams, the only map i hate rushing on is U.U, the whole, grab/mancannon/win thing is so lame. Its easy to defend against aswell, i got sick of the enemy team doing it every time so i just got a sniper and shot anything with a bobbing duck above its head while people watched for anybody trying to get onto my building. It was pretty fun because after that there was just a pile of bodies around the duck where people kept grabbing it and i just shot, i just kept my crosshairs at head level =) easy winz!!

rushing is total noobish now (i disagree, easy survival tourney wins Smile ) UU tsne is great fun Smile i like running straight to thier spawn, grabbin em and gettin a scan. provided the have no pants players, sop link always goes down, and easy kills on the unsuspecting sneakers Smile if some survive, i camp the man cannon. blocks all access (except by front ladder, but what moron uses that? lol) and is easily covered by sniper should i get into trouble Smile favourite is GG tho, keeping the upper hanger (again lol) is easy as pie with 2 people, and they all stupidly follow once 1 is down bounce
Back to top Go down
zeroa
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
zeroa

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:53 pm

yeah im glad i thought of the upper hangar tactic, its fun to hide and let people get the target then jump out and kill them when they run into the hangar, then they have no choice but to go in there for the target.. And i will never consider rushing nooby if its done in a quick and efficient way tbh.. And i'll certainly never kick somebody for it.
Back to top Go down
L!quid Snak3
Dead C3ll Marshall
Dead C3ll Marshall
L!quid Snak3

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 2:00 pm

zeroa wrote:
yeah im glad i thought of the upper hangar tactic, its fun to hide and let people get the target then jump out and kill them when they run into the hangar, then they have no choice but to go in there for the target.. And i will never consider rushing nooby if its done in a quick and efficient way tbh.. And i'll certainly never kick somebody for it.

smaller matches i tend to agree, really throws the defence off. big games tho, i disagree. if there are only 2/3 sneakers left im fine with, but right at the start in a 8v8 just renders other team mates obsolete and makes it less enjoyable for them. sadly any rush is now practically outlawed (some regular hosts blocklist rushers! WTF) unless there is only 1 opponent left (either team)
Back to top Go down
McInnes II
Major
Major
McInnes II

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:10 am

The only problem with big games is that you get the noobs who run right into where the other team is. Rushing for target beats me all the time. Small games are better definately, but do get boring if you ain't killing anyone.
Back to top Go down
McInnes II
Major
Major
McInnes II

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:41 am

Not been able to host training for a while due to my internet connection. Will be back to hosting ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

training session Empty
PostSubject: Re: training session   training session I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

training session
Page 1 of 1